If you have seen this word “SEO” anywhere on the web and want to know about it then you’re in the right place.
Let me tell you what is SEO
SEO is a part of digital marketing similar to social media marketing. SEO is only applicable to your Website/Blog.
In “SEO” SE stands for search engine (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) and O stands for optimization means we have to optimize our website for Search Engines to get rank for the first page of Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
We get a huge amount of free traffic from Search Engines by Optimizing our website by SEO.
Types of SEO:
It’s a URL or an address of a website which we type in the search bar like (www.facebook.com) Nevertheless but in SEO we have to research before buying a domain.
2- Site Design and Layout
Studies show that if your site design or layout is overlooking or unresponsive then the users will leave under 5 seconds which is a sign of bad SEO tactics.
Tip: Build simple and easy to navigate site for users whenever they come to your site they can easily navigate through all the tabs and pages.
Recommended: Place Breadcrumb widget on your site layout.
There are 5 important heading tags:
- H1- the most important ↓
- H2- the second most important ↓
- H3- the least important↓
- H4- so on.. ↓
- H5- so on…↓
You will have this heading tag option in any CMS (WordPress, Blogger, Wix, Weebly, and Shopify.)
Tip: include 3 to 4 headlines tags in your post and you shouldn’t repeat H1, it should be placed only once which is the title of the post and H2, H3, H4 are repeatable.
If you divide your content into the different headline tags then it’s a sign of good SEO and also includes your keywords in your main headline.
Keywords are also a very important aspect in On-page SEO, we give direction to our content by placing right keywords. Before creating content we have to research the right keywords to target.
Always try to have two keywords primary and secondary so you can get more traffic by targeting two different keywords.
There are 2 types of keywords:
- Small Keywords (Includes especially around 1 to 3 words)
- Longtails Keywords (Have more than 3 words)
- Research keywords on “Google Keyword Planner Tools”.
- Choose the keyword which has good monthly search volume and also low competition
- Now place the keyword in your content especially in the headline, article, description, URL and image ALT.
Whatever SEO tactics you implement on your website if your content is shit you ain’t gonna rank in Google or even appear in top 100 results. So content is the king of all tactics, Your content should be clean and understandable.
- If you’re writing an article then it should be minimum 500 words.
- Keep the density of the keyword according to the length of the content
- Place good image that you own
- Good videos
- Write it beautifully
Installing or placing widget will give your website good layout style and also some users like engaging widgets.
So place few widgets not many which will increase your site loading which is not good. Engaging widgets means less Bounce rate = Good SEO.
Tips: Always use h3 or h4 heading tag for widgets title, which will give search engines a signal that it has less importance than content.
7- Meta Title
Meta title is a title we write for our blog post or website page title. A good title will give your SEO ranking a huge boost.
Meta title can be 70 characters long which is the maximum limit, Search engines will truncate the word which above 70 characters.
- Place your keyword in the title.
- Use LSI keywords in the title.
- Keep your targeted keyword at beginning of the title for better ranking.
- Use attractive words and number for better CTR.
8- Meta Description
The meta description is description we write for our website or post, we have to describe every point in the description for the better user and search engine understanding.
We can only write description within 160 words limit.
It should be briefly explained and also don’t put too many keywords as it will result in keyword stuffing which is a bad tactic.
- Place your keyword in the description
- It should be descriptive
A sitemap is a file which we create for search engines so they can index our site quickly or according to our settings.
We have to create a sitemap and then submit it to search engine through their webmaster tools.
Tip: Disallow search pages in sitemap as well as duplicate pages.
10- Robots Tags
Robot tags are similar to sitemap.xml file but in robot tags, there are specific tags like noindex, index, noodp, noarchive and nosnippet.
Blogger and WordPress have its own settings for robot tags but you can also do it manually through HTML Editor.
Tip: Don’t allow search robots to index widget such as archive. Put noarchive tag on the widget.
12- Image Optimization
Optimizing images will definitely boost your organic traffic as if your images appear in Google Search photos.
For that, you have to enter ALT tag for your images, as search engines robots don’t understand images easily So by providing Alt tag we tell robot and crawlers about what this image is about.
- Place your primary keyword in the ALT tag.
- Optimize your image for speed from this website Optimizilla
13- Duplicate Pages
Remove duplicate pages from your website, if Google or any search engine robots detect any duplicate content they will take any page or content as a copywriter content and maybe they will shot a penalty on your site.
- (http://www.facebook.com) – resolves to the same page
- (https://www.facebook.com) – resolves to the same page
- (http://facebook.com) – resolves to the same page
Tip: Put this Canonical tag in your HTML to fix the Duplicate issue.
14- Site Speed
Bounce rate can be determined through user time on site but most when a users click your link from the SERP (search engine result page) and see the slow loading contents he/she will leave instantly which results in high bounce rate and Google consider it as a non-relevant site.
Not only I say it but there is study shown by Google how slow loading can affect your SEO and your earnings.
Your site should load within 5 seconds is the maximum limit.
- Your website should load within 1-2 seconds to achieve a better ranking.
- Remove useless scripts from your HTML template.
- Reduce image size by the tool optimizilla.
- Use Page insight tool to improve your website speed.
- Use this responsive tag in your HTML (meta content=’width=device-width, initial-scale=1 user-scalable=yes‘ name=’viewport‘/).
- Optimize Your website for AMP.
15- Internal Linking
Linking internally is the easiest SEO tactic that you can do, and also it has a great impact on your site SERPs.
Just simply link relevant article/post in your content with the help of anchor text. Remember the link should be within your website.
This shows search engines that content have more relevancy and more room doors and search engines loves the big house of relevancy.
If your using Blogger or WordPress there is an option called link, add your link just pasting other page URL and anchor text.
If you’re not using any CMS, just do it in your HTML editor by this code “<a href=”your linking page”>Anchor Text</a>
- Include your linking post keyword within the anchor text of the link.
- Always “dofollow” the internal link.
- Place your anchor link on the top of the article for a big SERP boost.
- Dofollow link is a link that search engine robots consider as a trustworthy link and this definitely gonna improve your ranking.
- On the other hand, Nofollow is a type of link which search engine robot doesn’t consider as trustworthy and it is no harm to build no follow links but these links can be helpful to you in some cases, will explain you below just keep reading.
There are around 400 to 500 social platforms where you can make your profile and submit your web link which can be dofollow or nofollow according to there policy.
You can simply search on Google “social bookmarking sites list” and start building.
3- Link Outreach
Tip: Spy your competitor top backlinks and simply just try to get the links from the same website on which your competitor has got the backlink by just emailing the webmaster of that site.
Forums can build your website domain authority if properly used. Just simply find your website niche forum on Board.
Create a profile and put your link in the signature or by helping someone by providing your web link to them.
5- Active Social Profile or Page
Stay active on your profile or pages and post your web articles or content on your social profiles but don’t just spam it.
By this, we build the audience and automatically your web page authority.
I’m pretty sure after reading this post you will not ask anyone what is SEO (search engine optimization).